South Milwaukee residents who wish to utilize the Self-Deposit Station will be charged $3 per visit. The $3 per-trip fee resumes Tuesday, June 16th, and items requiring an additional fee will again be accepted.
Please note: Social distancing is in effect. Please be patient; as we limit the number of cars in the yard to ensure safe social distances.
Items Accepted For No Additional Cost
The Self-Deposit Station accepts the following items and waste for no additional charge:
- Auto Antifreeze
- Automotive Batteries
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Motor Oil
- Yard Waste (No Green Grass Clippings)
Items Requiring an Additional Disposal Fee
- Freon Bearing Appliances $15 each unit (if picked up at an individuals property, not at Self-Deposit)(air conditioners, dehumidifier, freezer, refrigerator)
- Grass clippings $1 per 32 gallon bag or container
- Tires: (must be removed from rim)
- Size 17 inches or less, $3 each
- Size Larger than 17 inches, $7 each
Items Not Accepted
The following items are not accepted at the Self Deposit Station:
- Asphalt Shingles (beginning March 12, 2018)
- Hazardous Material- see Household Hazardous Waste
- Latex Paint while liquid- see Latex Paint
- Oil Base Paint- see Household Hazardous Waste
- Waste Liquids- except motor oil and antifreeze
Refrigerant Depot will pick-up appliances from our Self Deposit Station free of charge. This includes:
- Air Conditioners
- Car Batteries
- Water Heaters
If you require the city to pick up Freon bearing appliances curb side at your property, there is a $15 fee that must be pre-paid at City Hall.
Television or Computer Monitor (CVT) Recycling
The cost for recycling any television or computer monitor is $15, plus a $3 per visit user fee for the use of the Self-Deposit Station. All other electronic recycling is included with the daily user fee.