Lactation Support Services
If you are pregnant or in your postpartum journey, consider meeting with one of our Certified Lactation Counselors.
What is a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC)?
An individual who expresses the necessary skills, understanding and attitudes to provide clinical breastfeeding counseling and management support to families that are considering breastfeeding, having difficulty with breastfeeding/lactation or who have questions about the process. A CLC receives this title through completion of coursework and passing the board certification exam.
Reasons to schedule a visit with a CLC
- You have questions about breastfeeding before giving birth
- You and/or your family are unfamiliar with breastfeed and need guidance
- You are not comfortable with breastfeeding and are in need of support
- Breastfeeding/pumping is painful
- Baby is having difficulty latching
By appointment only, free of charge
- Evaluation of current breastfeeding method (if postpartum) with feedback provided from CLC
- Help to address concerns such as (but are not limited to):
- preparing for breastfeeding
- returning to work
- milk supply
- latch on difficulty
- sore/damaged nipples
- plugged ducts
- slow weight gain
- milk expression
Meet our Certified Lactation Counselors
Hi, I’m Kailyn Dorniak. I am a mother of two and have experience with exclusive breastfeeding and exclusive pumping. I know firsthand that the breastfeeding journey may not play out as smoothly as anticipated and I am here to assist and support you. Let’s work together to make feeding your baby as easy as possible!
Hi, I’m Taylor Wey, and I’m so excited to have the privilege of helping you navigate through your lactation journey. I have two young daughters, so I can relate to the juggling act that can come with figuring out breastfeeding, on top of everything else life throws at us! I’d love to help with any questions or concerns you have to make nursing a more enjoyable experience for you and your infant. Just remember – whatever you are doing – you are doing GREAT!