Board of Review
- Tom Bellart - Term Expires 4/30/2027
- Carol Bzdawka - Term Expires 4/30/2028
- John Haslam - Term Expires 4/30/2026
- Carla Uphill - Term Expires 4/30/2026
- Donna M. Plotz - Term Expires 4/30/2026
- Mary Holtz - Term Expires 4/30/2027
- Andrea Hueppe, Alternate- Term Expires 4/30/2027
- Thomas Kubusek, Alternate - Term Expires 4/30/2027
Helpful Information on Appearing Before the Board of Review
The Board of Review system was established by the Wisconsin Statutes to give taxpayers a method of appealing their property assessments. Before beginning this appeal process, you can informally appeal to the City Assessor’s office. Sometimes, a telephone call and/or an informal discussion with the Assessor may help you understand your assessment and no further action may be required. If you would like your property reviewed by the Assessor’s Office, you must complete a Request for Review form. Call 414-768-8052 for more information.
After the Assessor’s Office reviews the information and conducts an interior inspection of the property, a determination will be made regarding the present value. If you still feel that your assessment does not accurately reflect the condition and value of your property, you should apply for a formal hearing before the Board of Review. The Board of Review consists of five citizens of the City of South Milwaukee that is appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Common Council. They sit in an open hearing, much like a judge or jury, and listen to the testimony, ask questions for clarification, and then make their decision.
To formally appeal the assessment for your property, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 414-762-2222.
- Initial 2023 Board of Review meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 8, 2023, at 10 am.
- Open Book is Friday, August 4, 2023, from 1 pm to 3 pm (Other times available by appointment.)
- Board of Review will be on Monday, August 21, 2023, from 1 pm - 3 pm.