Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)

HVAC Permit

No HVAC work shall be performed within the City of South Milwaukee unless a permit has been issued to a licensed HVAC Contractor or to the property owner by the Inspection Department. Permits are required for the following new construction, modifications or replacements (commercial or residential):

  • Commercial/Industrial exhaust hoods and systems
  • Fireplaces and wood burning stoves
  • HVAC distribution systems (ductwork)
  • Installation of furnaces or boilers (gas, oil, or alternative fuel sources)
  • Installations of air conditioning units