- Health Department
South Shore Equity in Recovery SurveyWe want to know how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected you and your community. Your feedback will help your local health department develop Read on...
Volunteers Needed: Mental Health & Substance Misuse Workgroups!Are you looking to be more involved in your community? The South Milwaukee/St. Francis Healthy Community Partnership is looking for volunteers to participate in our Mental Health and Substance Misuse Workgroups! Read on...
If you need assistance with an immediate public health matter and it is after hours, contact the South Milwaukee Police Department at 414-768-8060, and your message will be forwarded to a Health Department Representative. If this is a medical emergency, please call 911 for emergency services.
Public Health services are provided to all residents. The staff that provides these services includes:
- One Public Health Administrator (Health Officer/Nursing Supervisor)
- Three full-time Public Health Nurses
- One part-time Public Health Nurse
- One Clerk
- One part-time Medical Advisor
The South Milwaukee/St. Francis Health Department is the lead fiscal agency for an Environmental Health Consortium with Cudahy and St. Francis, in which we employ:
- One full- time and one part-time Environmental Health Specialist
- One part-time clerk
The South Milwaukee/St. Francis Health Department also serves the communities by participating in the following organizations, affiliations, and activities:
- Early Childhood Interagency Council
- Milwaukee/Waukesha County Public Health Emergency Preparedness Consortium
- Participated in the South Milwaukee Community Night Out and community health fairs as requested
- Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition
- South Milwaukee School Community Advisory Committee
- South Shore Regional Interfaith Board
- Tobacco-Free Suburban Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties